Dotcom Support Forums

To post in the forums you need to register and log in .

HomeHomeLicence MasterLicence MasterIntegrating Cli...Integrating Cli...CanConnect() questionCanConnect() question
Previous

Next
New Post
21/01/2013 11:08

Does the DNN portal have to be a parent portal?

DynamicVRS.com - where I originally used License Master - used to be a standalone DNN portal. Now it is a child portal of sunsethill.ca - with a domain alias to appear like a parent portal (i.e. site can be accessed via dynamicvrs.com).

Reason for asking is that when testing CanConnect() on my dev PC - the function returns false whereas it returned true prior to moving the site.

Thanks.

New Post
21/01/2013 14:03

No, it shouldn't matter whether LM is installed in a parent or child portal. What does matter is that the portal has a domain alias. That's where your LM licence needs to be registered to, and it is also will determine the domain of the Url with which your modules should communicate when validating licences.

So, if your module is returning CanConnect() = false in your development environment, check:

• whether you can navigate in a browser to your LM web services from your dev machine (eg. http://dynamicvrs.com/DesktopModules/Dotcom.LicenceMaster/Installation.asmx). This will rule out firewall or other connectivity blocks / issues.
  • Check the licence server url with which your module is configured to communicate (look at the ServiceUrl attributes in assembly.cs)

Hope that helps.

Dotcom Technical Support

Previous

Next
HomeHomeLicence MasterLicence MasterIntegrating Cli...Integrating Cli...CanConnect() questionCanConnect() question

Search   Home