Dotcom Support Forums

To post in the forums you need to register and log in .

HomeHomeLicence MasterLicence MasterIntegrating Cli...Integrating Cli...LicensingUtility.InstallationIsValid - long invoke problemLicensingUtility.InstallationIsValid - long invoke problem
Previous

Next
New Post
05/09/2012 21:52

Hi.

I have a problem with long invoking methods: InstallationIsValid and GetInstallationStatus. On every call it takes over 20 seconds and returns licence as valid or registered. I've checked using SQL Server Profiler my database, which stored procedures or queries are executed during these methods calling and it didn't show any. Also I've checked if webservice url is properly set http://domain.com/DesktopModules/Dotcom.LicenceMaster/Installation.asmx. But I can see al methods from webservice when I paste this in my browser.

My DNN server parameters are: Licence Master v1.2.1, DNN 6.1.5, SQL Server 2005, IIS6.

Please let me know how can I solve this problem.

New Post
06/09/2012 19:05

Hi Arek,

I understand that this issue is to do with your application connecting to your licence server (Licence Master installation). The Licence Master client library that you integrated with your application will treat the application licence as valid if it is unable to connect to your licensing server, provided it is used in the way illustrated in the LM user manual. The fact that your LM webservice is responding correctly suggests there is no problem on the server side. Please check to see if the server on which your application is hosted has HTTP access to your licensing server.

Regards,

Dotcom Technical Support

New Post
06/09/2012 19:53

Hi.

Thanks for quick response. The main problem is: why webservice method is not working properly if webservice shows correctly all methods? Execution time of IsValid method on this server is 20-22 seconds. I suppose that this time is caused by SQL Server connection timeout or command timeout. Do you think that could be a problem with connection to database during calling this method? Or could you provide any debug version of dll which will save to log any exception which could occured?

New Post
07/09/2012 21:24

Chris,

Your application can choose how it responds to the situation when it cannot reach the licence server. Use the CanConnect method on the LicensingUtility class to determine whether a connection exists, and respond accordingly.

Hope that helps.

Dotcom Technical Support

New Post
07/09/2012 21:30

Hi Arek,

I take it you used SQL Profiler on the machine running your application. If the slow execution is on the licence server side (and it sounds as though it is, you might try profiling there.

However, the methods invoked on the web service perform very little work with the database, so I think it unlikely that the problem is there. Does the DNN installation in which you have LM installed otherwise run OK, or does it have general connection problems? Could it be that your database is full? LM logs all exceptions to the DNN Event Log, so I would expect any timeouts it experiences when connecting to the database to show up there.

Hope that helps

Dotcom Technical Support

Previous

Next
HomeHomeLicence MasterLicence MasterIntegrating Cli...Integrating Cli...LicensingUtility.InstallationIsValid - long invoke problemLicensingUtility.InstallationIsValid - long invoke problem

Search   Home