Dotcom Support Forums

To post in the forums you need to register and log in .

HomeHomeLicence MasterLicence MasterIntegrating Cli...Integrating Cli...Troubleshooting License StatusTroubleshooting License Status
Previous

Next
New Post
16/01/2012 19:12

Hi,

I'm working at integrating License Master with a suite of custom DNN Modules.  I had a few hiccups with the integration but it's working just fine now.  very happy with the product.

Having said that, I'd like to know what tables/fields used by License Master can be queried to determine the various status messages returned by the web service.

In the first round of testing I did with my modules, the status was stuck on "Pending" - the e-mail with the link for the final step in the process did not get sent.  If this happens whe I roll this into Production, I'll have to be able to fix the issue - even it it means altering the data in the License Master tables manually.

Please list each web service response status (i.e  NotRegistered, Pending, Invalid, etc...)  and explain how that status is determined by License Master.  In order to troubleshoot issues with clients trying to work through the license process and having problems, this information will be invaluable. 

If you require more information about what I'm looking for, please let me know.

Thanks in advance, Al

New Post
16/01/2012 19:40

Hi Al,

Thanks for your question. Here is an explanation of the various statuses that Licence Master returns to a client application via the web service.

1. LicenceInvalid. This means that the licence key supplied by the client application was not recognised
  2. LicenceExpired. The ValidTo date for the licence is in the past
  3. NotRegistered. The licence key has not been registered, therefore there is no licensee recorded
  4. Pending. The licensee has not responded to the validation email sent after registration. If you want to fix this manually, enter the licensee's profile in DNN, and set the LicenseeVerified property to True.
  5. LocationInvalid. This means that the application is not operating on the domain for which it was registered

Hope that helps

Paul

Dotcom Technical Support

New Post
16/01/2012 21:46

Excellent.  Thanks for the information. 

Previous

Next
HomeHomeLicence MasterLicence MasterIntegrating Cli...Integrating Cli...Troubleshooting License StatusTroubleshooting License Status

Search   Home