Dotcom Support Forums

To post in the forums you need to register and log in .

HomeHomeLicence MasterLicence MasterIntegrating Cli...Integrating Cli...60-Day trial period for client application60-Day trial period for client application
Previous

Next
New Post
13/01/2012 11:41

Hi,

I'm using License Master on a solution built usinng the latest version of DNN 6x.  The solution includes a number of custom extensions that integrate with databases of some popular Accounting platforms (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics GP, Lawson Financials, etc.)

I will be distributing the solution in as a complete solution (i.e. the entire application website, including DNN - not just the custom extensions)

Ideally, I'd like to configure License Master to have a 60-day trial period from the first day the main Custom Admin module that I've developed is accessed - without the user having to register at my website.

In other words, if a prospective customer installs the application on January 20, and accesses the Custom Admin module on January 21 - I'd like the trial period to begin on January 21.  Can this be done without the prospective client requesting a trial license at my website (i.e. where License Master is installed). 

If this can be done, what are the steps to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance, Al

New Post
15/01/2012 17:52

I've added logic to my extensions to handle the 60-day trial period.

New Post
16/01/2012 20:52

Hi Al,

The way to handle this would be in your custom admin module. If the module somehow registers the date on which it is first accessed, then for the period of the trial, it can simply bypass the licensing checks, or it can ignore the invalid status returned by Licence Master. Remember that the client application is in total control of how it implements its licensing rules. Licence Master's role is to provide the client with information about the state of the licence key that is has installed, on which it can base decisions about the action to take.

Hope that helps.

Dotcom Technical Support

Previous

Next
HomeHomeLicence MasterLicence MasterIntegrating Cli...Integrating Cli...60-Day trial period for client application60-Day trial period for client application

Search   Home