Dotcom Support Forums

To post in the forums you need to register and log in .

HomeHomeLicence MasterLicence MasterIntegrating Cli...Integrating Cli...LicensingUtility.InstallationIsValid always returns FalseLicensingUtility.InstallationIsValid always returns False
Previous
 
Next
New Post
02/11/2011 08:20
 

David Poindexter asked:

Hi, I don't know if this is the correct forum for support requests or not, but we are having a hard time getting the expected results from checking whether or not our custom module installation is valid via LicensingUtility.InstallationIsValid.  We have manually issued a license on our main website.  We have registered the license (to associate it to a DNN user account).  However, we are still getting FALSE back from the call to the LicenceMaster web server on our main site.  When using the WCF Test Client, we see the GetStatus() call is showing "pending".  Can you please help point us in the right direction on how to properly test this solution out?
 


Dotcom Technical Support
 
New Post
02/11/2011 08:22
 

Hi David, for the solution to this, please see this post.

Regards,


Dotcom Technical Support
 
New Post
03/11/2011 23:14
 

Paul,

Thanks for the response.  I am not sure if this fully answers our question (as we indeed received the confirmation email and clicked to confirm).  Tthere is some good information in the thread nontheless and we will try to test again having gained some additional understand (i.e., how "localhost" gets treated and such).  I will let you know if we still have problems.

Thanks,

David

 
New Post
06/11/2011 04:55
 

Paul,

We have been banging our heads for days on this now with no success.  It seems no matter what we do, the best scenario we can create is an installation status of "pending" (despite the fact we have confirmed the email many times over).  Can you please help us with this.  We are now at risk of not launching our module by DNN World.  ;-(

Thanks,

David

 
New Post
06/11/2011 05:48
 

Paul,

I finally figured it out.  We were using the "host" account to test and as a last attempt, I decided to go and adjust the "Licensee_Verified" property on the user profile as you suggested in the other thread.  To my surprise, it was not there!  So I put two and two together and concluded not to use the "host" account for testing.  Using a non "SuperUser" account proved to be golden.  I would highly recommend you update the documentation to warn others against using "SuperUser" accounts.  This cost us days upon days and I'm sure we will not be alone in this approach.

Regards,

David

 
Previous
 
Next
HomeHomeLicence MasterLicence MasterIntegrating Cli...Integrating Cli...LicensingUtility.InstallationIsValid always returns FalseLicensingUtility.InstallationIsValid always returns False



 Search   Home