Dotcom Support Forums

To post in the forums you need to register and log in .

HomeHomeLicence MasterLicence MasterInstallation & ...Installation & ...404 Error for Web Service404 Error for Web Service
Previous

Next
New Post
03/03/2012 16:39

Paul-

I have installed v1.2 and the purchased and registered the LicenseMaster license for the API.  But when I go to the service at /DesktopApplications/Dotcom.LicenceMaster/Application.asmx or /DesktopApplications/Dotcom.LicenceMaster/Installation.asmx I get 404.  I would expect to NOT get a 404.

Do I have somethign wrong in my installation?

New Post
04/03/2012 12:32

Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry. Please can you confirm that you have installed Licence Master on the web of the same domain name as the one for which your registered the product.

Thanks,

Paul Taylor

Dotcom Technical Support

New Post
04/03/2012 20:08

I had the trial of v1.2.1 installed prior.  Confirming the license made the trail banners go away, so I assume that the domain is matched.  I have reinstalled the module again, just in case that helps, but it did not.  The license key seems valid.

I sent an email with the details to: paul @ dotcomsoftwaresolutions.com

New Post
05/03/2012 03:13

Paul-

After many hours of trying to track down why my IIS was serving a 404 for the web service call, I found the problem.  I had copied your documentation verbatim on Page 14 from the License Master User guide where it says:

[assembly: ServiceUrl(ServiceType.Installation,
"http://www.mycompany.com/DesktopApplications/Dotcom.LicenceMaster/Installation
.asmx")]
[assembly: ServiceUrl(ServiceType.Application, "http://
www.mycompany.com/DesktopApplications/Dotcom.LicenceMaster/Application.asmx")]

I should have caught it before I spent so much time, but I did not.  DesktopApplications needs to be changed to DesktopModules!

You should probably fix that reference.

New Post
05/03/2012 07:45

Indeed, thanks for pointing this out, I hadn't noticed it either.

Dotcom Technical Support

Previous

Next
HomeHomeLicence MasterLicence MasterInstallation & ...Installation & ...404 Error for Web Service404 Error for Web Service

Search   Home